Detoxification of the lymphatic system
The lymphatic system is a network of vessels which form a large part of the immune system and remove toxins and waste products from around the cells in the body, returning them to the circulation so that they can be filtered by the lymph nodes and eliminated.
• Cleavers is a herb which has a cleansing effect on the lymphatic system by promoting lymphatic drainage and the movement of lymphatic fluid around the body.
• Echinacea is an immune boosting herb, which cleanses and detoxifies the lymphatic system.
Other tips and hints:
• Lymphatic drainage at the Health Zone Clinic is a therapy which gently stimulates the movement of lymphatic fluid around the system, helping to support detoxification.
• Dry skin brushing before showering stimulates the movement of lymphatic fluid.
• Drink 1.5 – 2 litres of water per day for a healthy lymphatic system.
• Gentle exercise such as walking stimulates the lymphatic system to work more effectively