De-stressed energy and adrenal support
Adrenal support is vital when under stress, as the adrenal glands are responsible for producing the hormones cortisol and adrenaline which are pumped out during the ‘fight or flight’ stress response. It is common to be in the ‘fight or flight’ state a lot of the time, and this combined with a lack of relaxation leads to tired adrenal glands, making it difficult for them to keep producing the stress hormones. This contributes to fatigue, and a host of other complaints.
• Ashwaganda and Siberian ginseng are known as adaptogens because they help us to adapt to stressful situations, and support the adrenal glands to produce adequate stress hormones.
• Maca otherwise known as “Peruvian ginseng” also acts as an adaptogen, and offers increased energy and stamina for the body.
• B Vitamins are used up quickly during stressful situations, as they are involved in energy production and stress support. Therapeutic levels of Vitamin B5 are required to support the adrenal glands and prevent adrenal exhaustion.
• Magnesium is a mineral which has relaxing effects and is quickly used up during stressful periods.
• Vitamin C is concentrated in the adrenal glands, and can be used up quickly during stressful periods.
• Rhodiola is a herb which is used for its adaptogenic properties which enable the body to adapt to stressful situations, and increase stamina and concentration.
Other tips and hints:
• Aim for at least eight hours sleep per night so that your adrenal glands can rest and regenerate.
• Practice relaxation techniques each day such as deep breathing exercises.