Hayfever is the result of an allergy to environmental substances such as pollen or dust which affects the mucous membranes of the nose, eyes, and airways, resulting in uncomfortable symptoms such as a streaming nose, headaches, sneezing, and itchy or watery eyes. These symptoms can be avoided by taking the right supplements and nutrients, bringing your immune system back into balance again.
• Quercetin – a bioflavonoid which acts as a natural anti-inflammatory and anti-histamine.
• Vitamin C – high doses are recommended for hayfever – between 3000-5000mg per day helps to produce anti-histamine, immune enhancing effects in the body. When taking a high dose, always choose a buffered, non-acidic form of Vitamin C.
• Bromelain – an anti-inflammatory which helps to relieve sinusitis associated with hayfever
• Drink Nettle tea – it has anti-histamine effects, is extremely chlorophyll and mineral rich, and helps to cleanse the body.
• Zinc boosts immune function, helping the body to cope with the challenge of hayfever season.
Other tips and ideas:
• Natural nasal sprays are an effective treatment for those with sinus troubles. Try Sinose Natural Hayfever Nasal Spray for side-effect free relief from nasal symptoms.
• Acupuncture at the Health Zone Clinic can be effective in re-balancing hayfever sufferers immune systems and helping with symptom relief.
• Take care of your digestive system, as the health of your digestive and immune systems are connected. A high-strength probiotic supplement is advisable, as 70% of our immune system resides in the gut walls.
• Eat plenty of foods high in Bioflavonoids and Vitamin C to help strengthen your immune system such as dark coloured berries, plums, apples, buckwheat.
• Avoid consuming sugar and dairy products during hayfever season, as they encourage the production of mucous and runny noses.
We are currently NOT taking online orders due to the local Post Office being closed for the next two weeks.
We will continue to update you with any changes that may occur over the coming days via social media and on our website. The Health Zone Shop remain open Monday - Saturday from 9.30am - 6.00pm and Sundays 11.00am - 5.00pm to server you during this difficult period.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during these challenging times. We are most grateful for your loyalty and support. The Health Zone Team.