Fertility for men
Male fertility is dependent upon overall good health, sperm quantity, and sperm motility – ability to move upwards in order to fertilise the egg.
Improving nutrition, lifestyle factors and reducing stress may help to improve fertility in men.
• The amino acid L Carnitine promotes sperm motility, and L Arginine helps to increase sperm count.
• Anti-oxidants such as Selenium and Zinc are required for testosterone production, and the production of healthy sperm.
• Korean ginseng increases sperm motility and sperm count.
• A multivitamin is important for increasing the chances of conception. If there are nutrient deficiencies, the likelihood of conceiving is lower.
Other tips and hints:
• Reduce stress through exercise, yoga, meditation.
• Improve nutrition by consuming a diet based around fruits, vegetables, and wholegrains. Avoid processed foods, as they are much lower in nutrient content.
• Avoid alcohol, smoking, caffeine, sugar.
• Rescue Remedy is useful for stress relief.